Sunday, June 19, 2011
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
We limped into California. We were doing well until we stopped at the Agricultural Checkpoint on I-80. After the usual Gypsy Moth inspection the motorhome wouldn't start. I tried to solve the problem but ended up calling Road Service because we were kinda in the way there. A man came out from Reno and chased the problem to a faulty ignition switch. He got it running again and told us to replace the switch the first chance we get. So we were on our way again and made it to Vacaville CA. We stopped at an RV park there for the night instead of driving to San Francisco during high traffic time. With luck, tomorrow we will reach our destination and see our kids.
Monday, June 6, 2011
Sunday, June 5, 2011
We spent last night camped at the Crater's of the Moon National Monument. Camping here again this year reminded us of 2009 when we met Shane Little from the Netherlands who was bicycling across the US. We drank a toast in honor of you Shane and wish you well on your next adventure, across Africa. We left there this morning and landed in Elko Nevada tonight. We are looking forward to seeing our kids in a few days and being there to welcome our first Grandchild into the world.
Friday, June 3, 2011
It was still windy this morning as we drove towards the north entrance of Yellowstone NP. Driving through Yellowstone we saw a lot of animals grazing and it snowed for awhile. The temp was 34 degrees. We left the park at the west entrance and stopped along US 20 at the Riverside Natl Forest Campground for tonight.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
The scenery was great along I-94 as we traveled west towards Billings Montana. The sun was out, the fields were green from all the rain, and there were spring flowers in bloom along the way. When we headed west out of Billings on I-90, we saw the mountains in the distance for the first time. They were covered in a white coat of snow. Around 11:30 the wind started blowing again and by 1:30 the wind was blowing 35mph with 50mph gusts. We decided to stop early again. We stopped at a KOA in Greycliff MT but it was closed because of a recent flood. We continued on to Big Timber where we got a campsite in the Spring Creek Campground. We got a nice campsite on the bank of the Boulder River.